Armen Khachaturyan, Senior Partner, Asters
Armen has extensive banking, finance, and project finance experience.
USUBC president Morgan Williams honored Mr. Khachaturyan with DSA Award during a joint USUBC/Asters Art event on March 15, 2018 in Kyiv.
In the picture: Arment Khachaturyan, Asters and Morgan Williams during join Art-Asters reception for opening an exhibit "Melting Colors" by Ukrainian-Georgian artist David Sharashidze .
BIO: Mr. Khachaturyan's practice area include M&A, general corporate advice, currency control, securities, energy, privatization, and employment law.
- market leader for banking, capital markets, energy and infrastructure, project development, M&A, and project finance, IFLR1000 2018
- an eminent practitioner in banking & finance and corporate/M&A, Chambers Global 2018
- an eminent practitioner in banking and finance, capital markets, corporate/M&A, restructuring and insolvency, Chambers Europe 2018
- leading specialist in banking, finance, and capital markets, Legal 500: EMEA 2017
- The Lawyer of the Year (Kyiv) in banking and finance, Best Lawyers 2018
- recognized as The Lawyer of the Year in banking and finance, as well as being a leading expert in capital markets, corporate and M&A, investment, energy & natural resources, labour and employment, leveraged buyouts, project finance and development, and in structured finance, Best Lawyers 2017
- an authority in banking and finance/restructuring, a leading expert in energy and natural resources; a notable practitioner in corporate / M&A, labour and employment, Ukrainian Law Firms 2017. A Handbook for Foreign Clients
- advised Ukrzaliznytsia, a Ukrainian public railway company, in connection with the restructuring of 500 million USD 9.5 per cent loan participation notes due in 2018;
- advised Eustream, a.s. (Slovak Gas TSO) on Ukrainian law matters related to the reverse gas supply to Ukraine from the Slovak Republic and the subsequent preparation of the transactional documents executed by Eustream, a.s. with PJSC Ukrtransgaz and NAK Naftogaz Ukrainy;
- advised J&T Banka, a.s., a leading Czech private bank, in connection with the substitution of collateral under multimillion financing that was extended to one of the bank's borrowers;
- Kyiv National University, J.D. 1983; Ph.D. in Private International Law, 1990
- International Law Institute, Washington, D.C., U.S. Legal System, 1991
- Yale Law School, USA, LL.M, 1993
English, Russian, Ukrainian