DR. OLEG SHAMSHUR
Born: 6 July 1956 in Kyiv.
Education: T. Shevchenko Kyiv University, Department of international relations and international law, specialization - international relations (cum laudae, 1978).
- Since February 2004 - Deputy Minister for foreign affairs of Ukraine
- October 2003 - February 2004 - Head, European Union Department, MFA of Ukraine
- 1998 - 2003 - Minister-Counsellor, Embassy of Ukraine to the Benelux Countries
- 1996 - 1998 - Deputy Chairman, State Committee for Nationalities and Migration of Ukraine, member of the Commission on Citizenship with the President of Ukraine
- 1993 - 1996 - First secretary, counsellor of the Permanent Mission of Ukraine to the UN Office and other, international organizations at Geneva
- 1993 - Visiting scholar, University College London
- 1981 - 1993 - work at the Institute of social and economic problems of foreign countries, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, incl. 1984-1989 is Director of programmes
- 1978 - 1981 - post-graduate course at the Institute of social and economic problems of foreign countries, Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
- Ph. D. in history (1982, Kyiv University), author of nearly 60 scientific publications.
Speaks fluently English and French.
Married, has one daughter.