INVITE: “STATUS OF SQUEEZE-OUT IMPLEMENTATION IN UKRAINE”
Presentation of LCF Law Group report and discussion of implementation
of squeeze-out procedure and relevant judicial practice
Friday, September 14, 2018, 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m
Conference Room of SigmaBleyzer, 6 Baseyna Street,
Mandarin Plaza, 8th Floor, Kyiv, Ukraine
YOU AND YOUR COLLEAGUES ARE INVITED TO ATTEND the “Status of Squeeze-out Implementation in Ukraine” LCF Law Group Presentation to be held on Friday, September 14, 2018 from 2:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. in the Conference Room of SigmaBleyzer, Mandarin Plaza, 8th Floor, 6 Baseyna Street, Kyiv, Ukraine.
LCF Law Group and SigmaBleyzer are USUBC members.
Management and representatives of legal and financial departments of joint-stock companies are kindly invited to participate.
Amendments to the Law “On Joint-Stock Companies” introduced a procedure of squeeze-out – the procedure of compulsory sale of the shares of minority shareholders without their prior consent on demand and in favor of the majority shareholder.
Event’s agenda covers most significant and problematic issues of the squeeze-out procedure implementation in Ukraine, in particular its legislative framework with regard to the balance of the shareholders' interests and overview of Ukrainian and international court practice.
Issues for discussion:
- Preconditions for implementing squeeze-out procedure in Ukraine
- The procedure of squeeze-out
- The role of the court in ensuring the balance of shareholders' interests
- Ways of protecting the rights of shareholders during squeeze-out procedure
- Squeeze-out and private ownership: the constitutional dilemma.
Moderator: Yulia Atamanova, Counsel, Attorney-At-Law, LCF Law Group.
- Oliana Gordienko, Management Director, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD)
- Tetyana Vasylchenko, Judge, Kyiv City Commercial Court
- Mariia Demydova, Judge, Commercial Court of Chernihiv Oblast
- Oleksandr Kryzhnyi, Judge, Commercial Court of Dnipropetrovsk Oblast
- Olesia Lukomska, Head of the Administration Department of the Secretary of the First Court Chamber of Corporate Disputes of the Supreme Court of Ukraine
- Iryna Kobets, Lawyer, Attorney-At-Law, LCF Law Group.
Working language: Ukrainian (no simultaneous translation will be provided).
For additional information please contact: Olena Kolesnyk, PR Manager, LCF Law Group, email@example.com.
RSVP: Please register your participation by sending an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
“STATUS OF SQUEEZE-OUT IMPLEMENTATION IN UKRAINE”
Presentation of LCF Law Group report and discussion on implementation of squeeze-out procedure and relevant judicial practice
Friday, September 14, 2018, 2:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Conference Room of SigmaBleyzer, 6 Baseyna Street, Mandarin Plaza, 8th Floor, Kyiv, Ukraine
U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC)
1030 15th Street, N.W., Suite 555 W, Washington, D.C.
LCF Law Group is a prominent national team of lawyers advising industry leaders in banking and finance, agribusiness, energy, transport, infrastructure, IT, trade, pharmaceutical and other sectors.
The flagship practice for LCF is dispute resolution. The firm also provides exclusive quality legal advice in corporate and commercial, banking and financial matters.
Facts about LCF:
- Firm of the Year in Dispute Resolution» (Legal Award 2017)
The largest litigation department in Ukraine: 6 counsels, 20 attorneys, led by 2 partners
$2,8 bln - total wins in favor of our clients
95% wins in legal proceedings
500+ complex cases over last 2 years
3500 + court hearings over last 3 years or nearly 100 hearings monthly
90% clients return to us with new projects
200+ amendments to Procedural Code of Ukraine