USUBC hosted Annual Business Luncheon 2017 in Washington
U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC)
Wash, D.C., Fri, Dec 15, 217
U.S.-Ukraine Business Council hosted its traditional Annual Business Meeting and Luncheon in Washington D.C. This year the program included very special distinguished panelists to discuss 2018 Business/Investment/Political/Governmental Priorities in Ukraine & U.S.-Ukraine Relations:
1. Dale Tasharski, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Europe, U.S. Department of Commerce, U.S. business for 2018
2. Elizabeth Hafner, Deputy Assistant USTR for Russia and Eurasia, Office of the U.S. Trade Representative, trade and investment 2018
3. Valeriy Chaly, Ambassador of Ukraine to the USA, Keynote Speaker - view from the government of Ukraine for 2018
4. Irina Paliashvili, President and Senior Counsel, RULG law firm, view from Kyiv, legal and energy issues 2018
5. John Tefft, Former U.S. Ambassador to Georgia, Ukraine and Russia
6. Karen Tramontano, Co-Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Blue Star Strategies – view from Washington, D.C. for 2018
6. Morgan Williams, President of U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC)
7. Anders Åslund, Resident Senior Fellow, Dinu Patriciu Eurasia Center, Atlantic Council, view about macroeconomic scene 2018
In his address Ambassador of Ukraine to USA Valeriy Chaly underlined tremendous development of US-Ukraine trade and investment cooperation in 2017, in particular 1.5 increase in bilateral trade turnover, almost doubled export of Ukrainian goods to the United States, as well as promising US-Ukraine investment projects in energy sphere, aviation and infrastructure. Moreover, he expressed his confidence in further fruitful US-Ukraine cooperation in 2018, backed by the positive trends in Ukrainian economy and growing interest to our country from the leading US companies.
About 40 members of U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC) attended the event.
Morgan Williams, President of the Council presented USUBC Distinguished Service Award to Elizabeth Hafner, Deputy Assistant USTR for Russia and Eurasia who demonstrated very significant commitment to improve bilateral trade cooperation between US and Ukraine.
Former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine John Tefft also participated in the program, brought remarks about his recent service as U.S. Ambassador to Russia and received USUBC Distinguished Service Award.
USUBC President Morgan Williams also highlighted that building a prosperous Ukraine and fighting against corruption should remain a top priority for everybody in Ukraine for the 2018!
Representatives of the US Government, including Deputy Assistant Secretary of Commerce Dale Tasharski and Deputy Assistant of the U.S. Trade Representative Elizabeth Hafner, Ambassador John Tefft expressed optimism regarding further US-Ukraine economic cooperation.
Irina Paliashvili, head of USUBC legal committee, President and Senior Counsel of RULG (Ukrainian Legal Group) told about the most recent updates of Ukrainian legislation and the course of legal reform in Ukraine. She also shared good success stories and encouraged everybody to continue putting efforts and supporting Ukraine.
More pictures of the event: http://www.usubc.org/site/gallery/USUBC-Annual-Meeting-and-Luncheon-2017