Featured Galleries USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS HOLODOMOR: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post USUBC meeting with the New Ukrainian Ambassador to the US Volodymyr Yelchenko in Washington
ENCOM GROUP JOINS U.S.-UKRAINE BUSINESS COUNCIL (USUBC)
Company providing alternative energy and energy efficiency technologies and services in Ukraine
U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC),
Washington, D.C., Wed, January 30, 2013
WASHINGTON, D.C. - ENCOM GROUP, Kyiv, Ukraine, a holding company, which provides a full range of services and solutions for the implementation of new energy-effective projects, has been approved for membership in the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), the USUBC executive committee announced today. The announcement was made on behalf of the entire USUBC membership of 200 companies and organizations who have business operations, investments or other development programs in Ukraine.
ENCOM GROUP’s primary mission is to enhance the energy efficiency and competitiveness of the Ukrainian economy in the new globalized world. The mission is achieved through construction of effective power-saving and climate-friendly facilities in the energy industry, which are needed by Ukrainian enterprises. The company was founded in 2007 and has a extensive experience in the construction and installation of different energy systems of any complexity.
GREAT POTENTIAL IN DEVELOPMENT OF SPECIALIZED ENERGY PROJECTS
TheENCOM GROUP sees great potential in the development of and is actively promoting:
· solar photovoltaic energy projects
· wind power plants
· small scale hydropower plants construction projects
· construction of cogeneration plants operating on gas derived from municipal solid waste
· small scale thermal power plants working on biogas obtained from fermentation of organic waste
· geothermal energy projects
· reduction of costs per unit in power generation
· implementation of energy-saving technologies.
ENCOM GROUP"S FOCUS IS IN THREE DIRECTIONS
The ENCOM GROUP holding’s business activities focus on the following three directions:
1. Energy service. The energy service direction is mostly handled by ESCO “UKRENKOM”. ESCO “UKRENKOM” consists of two companies: Research Institute of Energy Projects and Reconstruction and “EnergyStroyReconstruction”. ESCO “UKRENKOM” develops and implements energy efficiency and environmental projects, develops project proposals, conducts energy audits, evaluates projects’ risk factors and uncertainties, prepares pre-feasibility studies and business plans, prepares pro-forma budgets for projects.
2. Investment attraction. This direction is handled by RenEnergy, an investment company which attracts capital for alternative energy projects. Despite its short history, RenEnergy already has a number of competitive advantages and a great potential in achieving its goals due to its highly skilled staff.
3. Start-up development. This direction includes project management and control from the new business concept stage, through financing and legal support stage, to a full-fledged business.
Currently ENCOM GROUP develops projects in the field of alternative energy: solar energy, wind and cogeneration, as well as energy saving projects (e.g. thermal rehabilitation of buildings, hydrocarbon fuel-based heating systems).
ENCOM GROUP PLANS TO BUILD SEVERAL PROJECTS
The ENCOM GROUP plans to build:
· 13 solar power stations: 8 in Donetsk Oblast, 4 in Zaporizhzhya Oblast, and 1 in Cherkasy Oblast
· offshore wind power stations on estuaries in Melitopol, Berdyansk, Priazov and Akimov Rayons of Zaporizhzhya Oblast
· hybrid wind and solar power stations in Novobohdanivka (Melitopol Rayon of Zaporizhzhya Oblast) and the Chornobyl Exclusion Zone (Kyiv Oblast)
· cogeneration plants on Saky landfill (solid waste) in the Crimea.
Construction of derivational mini-hydro power station in Pavlovsk water storage reservoir (KP “Donbass Water Company” in Donetsk Oblast) is underway.
ENCOM GROUP is working with numerous municipal authorities on retrofitting the municipally owned buildings (offices, schools, etc.) with energy efficient technologies in the Public-Private Partnership format.
ENCOM GROUP AND USUBC
USUBC has been working with Yuriy Kolmykov, President, and Borys Koshevoy, Deputy General Director for Investments and Finance, headquartered in Kyiv. Yuriy Kolmykov is the Chair of Energy and Energy Efficiency Development Committee of the Ukrainian League of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs, a major industry trade association in Ukraine.
“USUBC is very pleased to be working with ENCOM GROUP,” said Morgan Williams, President of the U.S.-Ukraine Business Council (USUBC), "ENCOM GROUP provides professional project management services in energy efficiency for leading businesses and municipalities in Ukraine. We have high hopes for the company to partner with U.S. companies in alternative energy sector."
FORTUNE 500 COMPANIES: Six Fortune 500 type companies have recently joined USUBC: Amway, DuPont Pioneer, Ecolab, Intel, Philip Morris, and Visa.
USUBC membership has grown rapidly during the past six years. Membership now stands at 200. In January 2005 membership was eight; two years later it had grown to 22; in January 2009 it reached 100; and in January of 2011 topped 150. A complete list of USUBC members can be found at: http://www.usubc.org/members.php. For a list of the USUBC board of directors go to: http://www.usubc.org/site/u-s-ukraine-business-council-board-of-directors.