Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
Conference-workshop «HR-compliance with PwC» May 26, 2016
PwC, Kyiv, Ukraine
Tue, May 24, 2016
Event Date: 9:30-1:30 pm, Thu, May 26, 2016
Where: Opera Hotel, Kyiv, 53 Bogdana Khmelnytskogo Str
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
PwC Legal is pleased to invite you to the HR-Conference that will focus on employers’ compliance with Ukraine’s labour law (HR compliance) in view of increased state control over labour law compliance and expected fundamental changes legislation governing labour law area.
Since the beginning of 2016, the number and scope of audits by controlling bodies have gone up substantially. In most cases they resulted in revealing of violations and imposition of sanctions on companies. The conference will focus on practical advice to employers on how to prepare for upcoming audits, as well as overview of main approaches to audits conducted by the controlling authorities. Expected novelties in the new Labour Code of Ukraine (the «LCU») and chances of its adoption in the near term perspective will also be discussed during the conference.
The conference will be useful for business owners, CEOs, top management, heads of legal departments and HR directors of Ukrainian and international companies.
Among the speakers at the Conference are:
- Olga Melnychenko – Attorney, Head of the Labour Law practice in the Attorneys Association PwC Legal, Co-Chair of the HR-Committee of the American Chamber of Commerce in Ukraine, Member of the working group at the Committee of Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine focused on analysis of the new Draft Labour Code of Ukraine
- Olena Konovalova – Head of the Labour Laws Enforcement Division, Deputy Director of the Department on Labour Control and Supervision of the State Labour Service of Ukraine
- Roman Bondar – Partner, Talent Advisors
- Denis Brodskiy – HR expert with extensive experience in FMCG, investment and banking sectors in Ukraine, Caucasus region and Middle Asia with domestic and international companies.
Agenda of the event:
9.00 – 9.30 – REGISTRATION, welcome coffee
9.30 – 9.35 – EVENT OPENING. Greetings by Camiel van der Meij, Senior Partner of Tax and Legal Services of PwC Ukraine
9.35 - 9.50 – Session 1. DRAFT LABOUR CODE OF UKRAINE: WHEN TO EXPECT ITS ADOPTION AND WHAT TO PREPARE FOR
- Waiting for innovations: what should employers expect from the new LCU
- Recommendations of International Labour Organisation regarding draft LCU: hot button questions
9.50 - 10.00 – Q&A
10.00 - 10.30 – Session 2. INSPECTIONS OF THE STATE LABOUR SERVICE: WHAT SHOULD BUSINESS EXPECT IN 2016
- Enforcement activities of the State Labour Service in 2016
- How business should prepare for audits: practical recommendations
10.30 - 10.40 – Q&A
10.40 - 11.10 – Coffee break
11.10 - 11.40 – Session 3. CIVIL RELATIONS AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO REGULAR EMPLOYMENT: EFFECTIVE BUSINESS MODEL OR A RISK ZONE?
- Overview of the practice of concluding civil agreements with individuals in foreign jurisdictions
- Specific details of concluding civil agreements in Ukraine
- Re-qualification of civil relations in a “hidden employment”, overview of the court practice
- Civil relations in the context of the draft LCU
11.40 - 11.50 – Q&A
11.50 - 12.50 – Session 4. DISCUSSION: THE NEW ROLE OF HR IN MANAGEMENT OF CHANGES IN A CRISIS
- Current challenges faced by HR-departments in managing changes and business transformation
- How CEOs’ and business owners’ expectations regarding HR function changed
- Where is the lever of HR-influence on the business efficiency
- New role of HR-leader: surgeon or coach, to cut or develop? What a CEO really needs?
12.50 - 13.00 – Q&A
13.00 - 13.30 – closing of the event. Conclusions.
If you are interested in attending the event, please confirm your participation by sending an email to Victoria Martynkova email@example.com by 24 May 2016, 18:00.
If you have any questions, please contact Irina Koroleva, Marketing Department:
phone: +38 066 188 55 96; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to seeing you at our event!