Featured Galleries "Holodomor through the eyes of Ukrainian Artists" - Opening of Art Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Ukrainian Federation of America marked its 30th Anniversary USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS HOLODOMOR: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
INVITE - ONLINE WORKSHOP
MOVING UKRAINE FORWARD: ATTRACTING VENTURE CAPITAL FIRMS
Webinar Registration Developing the startup and scaleup ecosystem in Ukraine, Wednesday, September 2, 7-9 AM EST, 2-4 PM Kyiv time. (via zoom)
WASHINGTON, D.C.—You are invited to attend a free two-hour online workshop focused on the future of startup ecosystem in Ukraine. This event is hosted by Adam Smith Conferences, and will take place on Wed, Sep 2, 2020, 7-9 AM. EST, 2-4 PM Kyiv time (via zoom)
Continued growth in Ukraine’s venture capital (VC) sector has seen the total value of VC investments reach $1.5 billion this year, according to a recent report in the Kyiv Post.
For the time, Ukrainian and international experts will be brought together to examine how local stakeholders can create better incubator and accelerator resources and create a culture of angel investment in Ukraine. The discussion will also explore how Ukrainian startups can work to attract backing from leading VC firms across Europe.
SPEAKERS OF THE WORKSHOP:
1. Victoria Tigipko, Managing Partner at TA Ventures;
2. Charles Whitehead, Professor of Business Law & Founding Director of Entrepreneurship Program, Cornell Law School / Cornell Tech;
3. Dominique Piotet, CEO at UNIT.City;
4. Kirill Bigai, CEO & Co-founder of Preply.com;
5. Emmanuel Lowe, Mentor and Strategy Advisor to EBRDs Star Venture Programme;
6. Emanuele Volpe, Chief Innovation Officer at DTEK & Board Member at UVCA;
7. Alexandr Galkin, CEO & Co-founder at Competera;
8. David Gilgur, Founding Partner at Blue Lake Accelerator and Director at VimesVC;
9. Dima Okhrimchuk, CEO and Co-founder at OrganisationGG;
10. Pavlo Kartashov, Director at Ukrainian Startup Fund;
11. Andrii Sorokhan, Venture Lead at u.ventures.
Questions that will be discussed:
• What are the current challenges for Ukrainian VCs and startups?
• What lessons can we learn and apply to Ukraine from the booming startup ecosystem in Europe?
• What are the next steps we need to take to sustain and expand the growth of Ukrainian startup and VC sector?
CLICK here [https://mailchi.mp/42129b99af52/mnzcbhdamq] to register for the event. Spaces are limited!
Zoom webinar link will be made available to all registered participants by email on Monday 1 September.
Reasons to attend:
• It’s Free - and you can participate from the convenience and safety of your home!
• Amazing Speakers - 2 hours of content with builders of the Ukrainian startup ecosystem and leading minds in startup acceleration from around the world.
• Live, Interactive Keynotes - including Q&A’s and keynotes with key influencers in Ukrainian VCs, accelerators, startup founders and academia.
For more information, please contact:
Vadim Kudruk, Adam Smith Conferences
firstname.lastname@example.org; +44 7538 380975