Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
Ukrainian Railways: development and investment. Discount for USUBC
Date: 27.02.2018 8 a.m.
Premier Palace Hotel, 5-7,
T. Shevchenka Blvd/ Pushkinska Str., Kyiv 01004, Ukraine
Prospects for liberalization of the railway transportation market in Ukraine. How to create a healthy competition and draw new players, namely private fleet operators, into the industry. In the spotlight: conditions for investing in rolling stock and locomotive traction, the situation in wagon and locomotive building industry, producers’ pricing policy, the payback period of investment. Competition on the railway: when and how is the fight for routes and cargoes going to start? With a view to creating a positive investment climate in Ukraine and attracting potential investors in railway industry, www.promgruz.com is holding the International conference “Ukrainian Railways: development and investment” which will be held on February 27, 2018 in the Premier Palace Hotel in Kyiv.
The conference will allow free discussion of concrete proposals on how to improve the efficiency of rail transport in Ukraine, involving representatives of rail operators and cargo owners from one side and the leadership of JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia” and the Ministry of Infrastructure and Economic Development of Ukraine from the other side.
Contacts: + 38 (056) 370 18 32, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
15% discount from the total value for members of U.S.-UKRAINE BUSINESS COUNCIL*
* - when filling out the registration form, USUBC should be indicated in gap “On the recommendation of “
Click here to fill the Registration form on-line
TRENDS IN RAILWAYS
What the legislative initiatives will bring to Ukrainian railways
• New model of railway transportation market and competitive environment - new market participants, role of government, realization of the principle of equal access to infrastructure
Challenges and opportunities for integration into the EU rail market
• How will the implementation of EU directives affect the competitiveness of Ukrainian carriers?
• Should cargo owners expect quantitative and qualitative changes in rail transportation services?
Monopoly bonds and corporatization of Ukrzaliznytsia, drawing up Ukrzaliznytsia’s new Charter
• How to avoid conflict of interests and create an effective rail management model?
• Privatization of surplus capacities from Ukrzaliznytsia; reduction of state’s share of rolling stock and traction rolling stock markets
• Strategic initiatives for business verticals; creating new units - UZ Loko, UZ Cargo, UZ Cargo International, UZ Terminals, UZ Sidings, UZ Intermodal, UZ Forwarding
Investment plans of railways – required investments into car building and rolling stock/traction rolling stock maintenance and repair
• Calculating methods of the required fleet - balance between cargoes and available cars
• Impact that higher tariffs may have on Ukrzaliznytsia investment policy
• Conditions of foreign borrowing
Tariff regulation – harmonization of legislative changes, development of a new Collection of tariffs
• Independent regulator, establishment of tariffs for rail services
• Free tariff setting in spheres out of state regulation (assessment of wagon and locomotive components)
• Tariff policy for 2018 freight year
• Correlation of tariffs with price dynamics on the commodity markets - how to balance the market participants’ interests
Deregulation of wagon component at Ukrzaliznytsia – effect of price liberalization on shortage of fleet
• Consequences for operators/freight forwarders/traders
• Will profits of private carriers rise or not?
• Should we expect larger capital investment in a private car park?
Rent rate – estimated costs of wagon lease services provided by operators
• Main factors affecting the rail transportation costs. Market conditions
• Dynamics of demand, offer of cargoes and supply of wagons
Part I - DISTRIBUTION AND ORGANIZATION
Fleet management at Ukrzaliznytsia: a new model of interaction with cargo owners
• Automated distribution of empty wagons at work
• Responsibility for transportation plan violation, mutual responsibility of a carrier and a consignor/consignee
• Principle of early planning
Transportation technologies that improve the wagon turnover – refining on loading methods and making up trains
• Scheduling and synchronization of the production chain - the economic effect of coordinating the volume, time and routes of cargo transportation
• Profitability and optimization of certain transportation routes
• Ways to combine the routes and shorten the logistics leg
• "hub-and-spoke" or "point-to-point" systems - what the world may choose?
Cost Management - the operating costs that can be affected by a careful owner:
• Secondary market of spare parts
• Transportation volumes or a calendar – what should be a milestone for scheduled repairs
• Cost of the service life of a wagon, longer service life and higher efficiency of rolling stock
• Cost cut per a unit of the transported cargo
To fight or to cooperate with other means of transport: counting losses and benefits of diversification of railway companies
• How to make the transportation by rail more attractive for cargo owners
• Market expansion strategies - diversification of railway companies
• Regional business links aimed at achieving effective transportation chains
Part II - IMPLEMENTATION
Round table with top management of regional branches of JSC Ukrzaliznytsia
Interaction of regional railways – core points and growing points:
• Highway locomotive park
• Identification of the busiest routes in order to upgrade their infrastructure for increased axle load
• Partnership between state and private sector in development of rail infrastructure
Conference paper and sponsorship
Deputy head manager of www.promgruz.com
tel./fax: +38 056 370 18 32 ext. 259
mob.: +38 (066) 419 98 91, +38 (068) 410 11 03
Manager of the project
tel./fax: +38 056 370 18 32 ext. 245
mob.: +38 (097) 963 28 71, +38 (066) 222 66 48