Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
2019 U.S.-UKRAINE AGRICULTURAL AND ALTERNATIVE ENERGY RESEARCH COMPETITION
CRDF Global, Arlington, VA,
The application process started on Sat, Dec 22, 2018
Deadline: Thursday, February 28, 2019
CRDF Global and the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine (MES) are currently accepting proposals from joint teams of U.S. and Ukrainian researchers for the 2019 U.S.-Ukraine Agricultural and Alternative Energy Research Competition.
As the world’s population is projected to reach at least nine billion people by 2050, the global community risks periods of food insecurity and overall environmental degradation. Through the development of new farming methods and agricultural biotechnologies designed to maximize agricultural production, as well as the advancement of alternative energy sources, such as photovoltaic and biofuel technologies, scientific research holds great potential to generate solutions to this complex problem.
To that end, CRDF Global is currently accepting proposals from joint teams of U.S. and Ukrainian researchers focusing on agricultural sciences as it applies directly to the following two sub-topics:
- Agricultural Biotechnology – including plant pathology, genetic engineering, molecular markers and diagnostics, and plant tissue culture among other agritech topics that may reduce and/or eliminate the presence of plant disease(s) that threaten food security
- Photovoltaic or Biofuel technology – including engineering, nanotechnology, biochemistry, microbiology and plant study research among other alternative energy topics that contribute to the development of photovoltaic and/or biofuel technologies
Awards of up to $72,000 ($50,000 from CRDF Global and $7,000 USD equivalent paid in the national currency of Ukraine for the Ukraine sub-team and $15,000 from CRDF Global for the U.S. sub-team) will be made for 12 months.
All proposals must be submitted no later than Thursday, February 28, 2019 (23:59) U.S. Eastern Standard Time (EST) in two formats:
- Once in CRDF Global’s format, electronically through CRDF Global’s Electronic Proposal Submission (EPS) website at https://eps.crdfglobal.org/US-Ukraine_2019/. For inquiries, please contact Rebecca Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 703.600.3467.
- Once in MES’s format, in hard copy and electronic format via flash drive to the Ministry of Education and Science, Ukraine. For inquiries and application forms, please contact Olena Savina at email@example.com or call +38 044.287.8235 and visit the website https://mon.gov.ua/ua/news/startuvav-prijom-zayavok-na-konkurs-ukrayinsk...
2019 US-Ukraine Agricultural & Alternative Energy Competition RFP.docx 2019 U.S.-Ukraine Agro Alternative Energy Competition Budget.xlsm
- 2019 US-Ukraine Proposal Submission Checklist.docx
- MES Application Form.doc
- Information in Ukrainina: https://mon.gov.ua/ua/news/startuvav-prijom-zayavok-na-konkurs-ukrayinsko-amerikanskih-naukovo-doslidnih-proektiv-na-2019-2020-roki