Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
Flash report#4 - Rules of Ukrainian visa issuance were simplified
PwC, Kyiv, Ukraine
Fri, March 17, 2017
We are pleased to provide a copy of our new Flash report concerning rules on issuance of visas for entry to Ukraine and transit through its territory (can be found in the attachment).
Recently the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (the “CMU”) approved new rules on issuance of visas for entry to Ukraine and transit through its territory.*
The new rules were officially published on 17 March 2017 and will become effective in 30 days after the publication date.
Key novelties are the following:
- It will be possible to submit visa application online and conduct interviews with applicants via video conference.
- The list of countries whose citizens are eligible to obtain visas at checkpoints at the state border of Ukraine is expanded.
- The term for visa issuance and fees for its issuance were reduced.
- A type D visa will be issued as a multiple entry visa and its term of validity will be 90 days (instead single-entry visa with 45 days term of validity).
- It is no longer necessary to provide standard invitations issued by the State Migration Service of Ukraine in order to obtain a short-term type C visa.
- It is expected that these changes will simplify and improve the procedure of issuance of Ukrainian visas.
*Approved by the CMU Resolution No. 118, dated March 1, 2013