Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
The National Bank of Ukraine gradually eases currency control restrictions
PwC, Kyiv, Ukraine
Fri, June 10, 2016
On 7 June 2016 the NBU issued a resolution*, which eases certain currency control restrictions, in particular:
- Owners of corporate rights/shares (i.e. foreign shareholders of Ukrainian companies) will be entitled to repatriate dividends for 2014-2015. The amount of monthly dividends payment is not to exceed either i) USD 1 million, or ii) 10% of the total amount of dividends to be paid to the foreign investor, whichever is higher. In any case, the amount of dividends payment during one month period cannot exceed USD 5 million;
- The amount of mandatory sale of foreign currency proceeds was reduced from 75% to 65%;
- The daily threshold amount for purchases of cash foreign currency was increased from UAH 6,000 to UAH 12,000;
- The daily threshold amount for cash withdrawals from foreign currency accounts in foreign currency was increased from the equivalent of UAH 50,000 to UAH 100,000;
- The daily threshold amount for cash withdrawals in UAH was eliminated. Previously, it was set at UAH 500,000.
These important changes come into effect on 9 June 2016 while new dividends payment rule takes effect on 13 June 2016. The new rules will remain effective through 14 September 2016.
Besides that, the NBU has streamlined the procedure for currency exchange transactions (e.g., banks are no longer required to make a copy of a client’s passport. This requirement sets in only if the amount of transaction exceeds UAH 150,000, etc.)**
We will continue to monitor the situation and keep you updated on this issue.
* NBU Resolution No. 342 dated 7 June 2016
** NBU Resolution No. 341 dated 7 June 2016.
Camiel van der Meij, Partner & TLS Leader, email@example.com
Andrey Pronchenko, Partner, Tax and Legal Services, firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexey Katasonov, Senior Attorney, Legal Services, email@example.com
75 Zhylyanska Street | Kyiv | Tel: +380 44 354 0404 | Fax: +380 44 354 0790 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.pwc.com/ua
This flash report is produced by PricewaterhouseCoopers’ tax and legal services department. The material contained in this alert is provided for general information purposes only and does not contain a comprehensive analysis of each item described. Before taking (or not taking) any action, readers should seek professional advice specific to their situation. No liability is accepted for acts or omissions taken in reliance upon the contents of this alert.
© 2016 Limited liability company «PricewaterhouseCoopers». All rights reserved. PwC refers to the Ukrainian member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
We will be sending additional Flash reports as issues arise. If you do not wish to receive these Reports, please advise by return e-mail (email@example.com). Alternatively, if there is someone else in your company to whom we should send our Alerts, please let us know.
We are pleased to inform that this Flash report is also available in Ukrainian and can be sent to you upon request.
Ми раді повідомити, що цей Flash report також доступний українською мовою і може бути наданий Вам за запитом.