Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
THE NATIONAL BANK OF UKRAINE HAS EXTENDED THE EXISTING CURRENCY CONTROL RESTRICTIONS
DLA Piper Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine,
Thu, Dec 22, 2016
The new Resolution No. 410 "On Resolving the Situation in the Money and Foreign Exchange Markets of Ukraine" approved by the Board of Directors of the National Bank of Ukraine (the "NBU") dated 13 December 2016 extended the existing temporary currency restrictions. Most of these restrictions will be in force until cancellation, however some are due to expire earlier.
The following restrictions imposed by the NBU remain in effect:
· mandatory sale of 65% of export proceeds in foreign currency received by Ukrainian counterparties. This requirement will automatically expire on 15 June 2017;
· limitation period of 120-day rule for conducting settlement under export and import contracts. This limitation shall also expire on 15 June 2017;
· ban on early prepayment of cross-border loans made available by non-residents;
· dividends may be paid out to investors for the period of 2014 to 2015 only. The thresholds amounts for dividends' payout remains unchanged; and
· set off restrictions under export agreement.
The NBU does not add any additional exemptions, therefore, the abovementioned restrictions are subject to the same thresholds and exemptions as set out in previous NBU Regulation No 386.
For further information, please contact anyone listed below, or your usual DLA Piper contact.