Featured Galleries CLICK HERE to View the Video Presentation of the Opening of the "Holodomor Through the Eyes of Ukrainian Artists" Exhibition in Wash, D.C. Nov-Dec 2021 USUBC COLLECTION OF OVER 160 UKRAINE HISTORIC NEWS PHOTOGRAPHS 1918-1997 "HOLODOMOR 1932-33: THROUGH THE EYES OF UKRAINIAN ARTISTS" - COLLECTION OF POSTERS AND PAINTINGS USUBC COLLECTION OF HISTORIC PHOTOGRAPHS ABOUT LIFE AND CAREER OF IGOR SIKORSKY PHOTOGRAPHS - INVENTOR OF THE HELICOPTER Ten USUBC Historic Full Page Ads in the Kyiv Post
We invest in Ukraine: Japan Tobacco International / JTI (Japan)
Inventure, Kyiv, Ukraine,
Sep 06, Mon, 2021
- Company name: Japan Tobacco International (JTI) - https://www.jti.com
- Representative office in Ukraine: https://www.jti.com/europe/ukraine
- Sector: production of tobacco products
- Date of incorporation: 1999/1898 (Japan Tobacco)
- Headquarters: Switzerland (Geneva)
- Global representation: more than 130 countries of the world
Japan Tobacco International Global Performance Indicators (2020):
- Turnover: $ 12.3 billion
- Operating income - $ 3.7 billion
- Number of employees - 40,000
- Brands: Benson & Hedges, Camel, Glamor, LD, Mevius (Mild Seven), Natural American Spirit, Silk Cut, Sobranie, Winston
Japan Tobacco International (JTI) & Global M&A:
2007 - Gallaher Group PLC (UK)
1999 - JT Group (Japan Tobacco)> RJR Nabisco Inc.
Japan Tobacco International (JTI) in Ukraine:
- Entering the Ukrainian market: 1999
- Assets in Ukraine:
- PJSC "JT International Company Ukraine" (JTI Kiev) - central office in Kiev and 6 regional offices in Ukraine
- JSC "JT International Ukraine" (JTI Kremenchug) - Kremenchug tobacco factory (Ukrainian Kremenchutska tyutyunova factory) Kremenchug, Poltava region
- JTI investments in Ukraine: $ 300 million
- Workforce in Ukraine: 900 people
Paul Holloway, General Manager of Japan Tobacco International (JTI) Ukraine
JTI Ukraine tobacco company plans to invest $45 million in the expansion and renovation of the production facilities of its factory in Kremenchuk in 2021-2022, General Manager of Japan Tobacco International (JTI) Ukraine Paul Holloway has said in an exclusive interview with Interfax-Ukraine.
"This is the modernization of the entire production complex, and not an investment in a separate production line, as it was the case two years ago. The plans for this year are the expansion of the factory, the construction of a new warehouse, the modernization of the tobacco shop, new production lines, the modernization of buildings, structures, infrastructure and much more," he said.
According to Holloway, the company intends to increase the export of tobacco products, and make it more efficient. An important factor that influenced the company's plans was its obtaining the status of an Authorized Economic Operator (AEO), which will reduce customs formalities for the import of raw materials and the export of finished products.
The general manager of the company said that JTI, which received this status for the first time in Ukraine, will have a number of advantages when going through customs clearance in Ukraine, including the opportunity to use a special traffic lane for commercial vehicles.
Holloway said that in 2020, the company paid six times more dividends than in the entire history of JTI's work in Ukraine, and the investments provided for the development of the factory will not affect the further payment of dividends to shareholders. According to him, the factory in Kremenchuk is an independent center of profit, and it will provide money that it earned earlier for investments.
JTI paid out more than UAH 300 million in dividends to shareholders for 2018-2019 and plans to pay about the same amount for 2020.